Lace Dress on Trial

I've had this blog for almost two years now.
You have never seen this dress here,
meaning that it has not been worn in quite a long time.
Pink lace dress · H&M black cardigan · Neiman Marcus tote · Michael Kors flats
It's a light pink lace dress that was a present from my mom.
So lace is supposed to be back (it's never left me) so
I pulled the dress out and decided to give it a shot.

While I tried to style it I realized the many, many reasons 
I have not worn this dress in so long.
One of them is the slip under it is really thin, meaning 
that I had to find the correct undergarments.


Then I realized that it's really low on the chest area so
I had to put something underneath it in order to make it
appropriate.
The color is nice but I am extremely pale so it is not flattering on its own.
I tried to add some color which I thought a cardigan or jacket would do.
I tried jeans jackets, blue boyfriend blazer, green cardigan, animal print cardigan and the list goes on. None worked.
So yes, this only confirms that this will be the first
and last time you see me wear this dress.
I just do not think it's a keeper as it's 
not an easy garment to wear and I have to 
try really hard to make it work !






8 comments

SFG Blog de tendencias by §abrina said...

El vestido es LOOOVELY y las chatitas muy CUTE! JA!

Besos

Sabri

Judy C said...

That's too bad. It is a really pretty dress and would look wonderful with a long strand of black beads.

Emma said...

That is too bad because you look good in it. I Love the detail on your shoes.

LyddieGal said...

Perhaps you could get it made into a skirt? Then it would be easier to mix in color with.
or maybe you aren't always trying to save everything like me and will just get rid of it like a normal person :)

Chic on the Cheap

Lorena said...

You guys are making me doubt my decision....

Biba said...

I actually think it's a lovely dress and it looks adorable on you but I understand your second thoughts if you need to spend a lot of time in order to find appropriate accessories. Perhaps give it another go?

Artfully Awear said...

The dress is such a lovely color! ps--I'm following your blog :)

Sheila said...

I would agree with you - it's not the right cut and colour on you. You have other clothes that suit you so much more.

It's kind of funny, though - this is the same kind of lace as the lace dress I got rid of last summer!