The First Day of the Year

 I have no real plans for 2011.

Dress Volar

That's a lot to say coming from someone
who is a control freak and a planner.


 So, I have no new years resolutions.
 I may have a challenge or plan to shop on a budget
or try the shopping ban again.
I might consider having better eating habits.
Maybe I will go back to school and
get another MBA.


Zip flats

But, just maybe.
I am not going to make a list and
beat myself up on getting it done.
Why? 
Because what is important today
may not be tomorrow.
Have you noticed that ?
Someone or something that meant everything to you
years back is no longer in the picture.
Because nothing is certain.
Now, that does not mean I am going to
shop into bankrupcy or that I am going to
stop saving towards my retirement fund.
It just means one thing:
I have to take it easy.
I have to value people around me.
I have to stop, look up and feel the sun, smell the flowers.
STOP.


Happy 1st day of the rest of your life !


8 comments

Delane said...

Love those shoes.

I'm the opposite, I normally take things as they come my way, but this year I'm trying to plan, be organized.

Shybiker said...

I appreciate your attitude: it's important to live in the present.

Bombshellicious said...

Definitely good idea Lorena xx Lovely pics by the way I love seeing them xx

Unknown said...

I like this laid back attitude, I should adopt it as well... I get super worked up over the littlest things and it's so not worth it! Good luck sticking with it :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I always plan to do some planning, but always end up not planning a thing. Wait, what did I want to say.. Oh yes, I wish you lots of unexpected fun!

Jen said...

Makeup on the puppies?? I've gotta see that!! ;-)

Happy Sunday my Dear! xo

Rocio @ Casa Haus said...

So true! 1st day of the rest of our lives... better live up to it!

LyddieGal said...

Yes, you are so right. Sometimes you are so consumed with obsessing over what is next that you forget to be in the present. And you spend every moment planning to enjoy something, but when you get there, you are just worrying about what is next.

Hope 2011, and the rest of your life fall exactly into place.