In the same topic as In Bug's Drawers...

I am back from In Bug's Drawers..
Which by the way, if you have not seen you gotta.
She takes the most colorful pictures in beautiful settings and I have not even gotten to the clothes.... I don't want to spoil it for you, so go see her.
So I was just in her blog and I thought a lot after reading her 
The first thing that struck me was the thin and pale young girl.
Then the fact that she did not seem happy, seemed kinda thirsty and then 
what her t shirt read:
"Eat Less"

Hoe much less can she eat?
Then of course I read the post.
I have mixed feelings.
I find it unacceptable and maybe it's just because it's like a stalker...
It is just everywhere: 
The message of being thinner than whatever size you are 
right now - that message is right there breathing down your back.
Maybe because it's so in your face it bothers me, 
at the end it's JUST A T SHIRT.
So even though in most parts of the world this is the message being put out, after giving it some thought I recalled 2 magazine ads from 
a couple of years ago from when I had to travel for work to the Caribbean.
They are from a Christmas Catalogue in a store in Barbados and I thought it would be nice to share them for a change...


3 comments

Elaine said...

I think you're right - we need to accept all body types but I don't think the fashion world will change their perspective anytime soon thanks to the likes of people like Karl Lagerfield.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Carla said...

totally agree with you!
I hate that ppl talk about weight & size all the time! Its in ur face all the time, tv commercials, catalogues and and and.
How can u not go nuts?!?!

drollgirl said...

these ads are 14 SCRILLION TIMES BETTER than the ads we are currently inundated with!!!