Thank you for Today !

Another day in which I am grateful to be alive, happy to have good friends.
Grateful for my family, for the wind that messes up my hair, for my health, for a job, for food to eat.
Sometimes we do not know how lucky we really are. It is important for us to stop and be grateful, for everything.
 For your senses, for being able to take care of yourself, for having someone by your side when you are sick.
Be thankful for an education, for being able to save a little at the end of the month, to be able to treat yourself and others because of the produce of your work.
Today I wore:
- Brown velvet dress Isaac Mizrahi for Target
- Brown wedges Coach
- Yellow patent tote Liz Claiborne
- Owl ring F21
- Vintage flower brooch* 
- Pearl and gold tone headband
*This vintage brooch is silver and gold plated. My grandmother gave it to me, it was given to her by a friend of hers who later grew up to be President. 
She says she and her twin sister received two brooches as a gift and that she was probably 15 or 16 years old. So, I am guessing this is probably 60-65 years old.
So to wrap this post up... stop look around and be thankful for all that you have been granted. 
I know, that sometimes we feel so beat up but we have been given so many things and opportunities, others can only dream of.






5 comments

LibraryChica said...

Thank you for the wonderful sentiment. I often feel so lucky for everything I have and wonder what have I done to deserve my good fortune. Thanks for your blog, love the dress and shoes.

Lola said...

Hola, amiga afortunada, me pasa lo mismo.
Me encantan tus zapatos. En que lugar del mundo estas? saludos

Brittany D'Lynne said...

A co-worker has that F21 owl ring too and I AM SO JEALOUS!!

P.S. Try the socks! They made me feel fun all day!!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Thank You for reminding us to stop and appreciate what we have. Although I would love a dress like the one you are wearing - it is fabulous!
Have a wonderful day.

Sheila said...

That's a very good reminder to be grateful on a daily basis for all that we have.

You look gorgeous in that dress! I would wear that in a heartbeat.

That brooch, though...wow! It is wonderful!