Totally Channeling the 60's...




And sending your way some peace... which is so urgently needed on these hectic days where it all seems to be about shopping... where the real sense seems to be lost.
Now that I mention shopping, I need some advise.
I have a certain person that it is really hard to buy presents for. Year after year it's the same story. She either ignores the gift, leaving it unopened or when she opens it she just looks at it and that is it. 
Now, I do not expect jumping jacks out of her but.... I usually take a lot of effort in trying to pick out something she will like.
H's only sister, never buys him anything and for me - ha! last year immediately after she received a dress I had bought for her she went into her room got a lipstick (one of those that come in the Elizabeth Arden set) threw it in a box and gave it to me. 
SO, you can only imagine how I felt. Anyways, it's that time of the year again and I honestly do not know what to buy for her. Any suggestions ? I am really out of ideas.

Anyhoo, today I wore:
- Blue Jeans from Levi's - 1974 Sandybell re issue. So comfortable !
- Orange pattern shirt from Isaac Mizrahi for Target
- Blue pumps from Chinese Laundry
- Bronze Tote bag Elvis Presley


7 comments

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

How about a book on etiquette!

Penny said...

You're a fabulous modern age hippie!!! I love it all...I think this is my favorite outfit of yours:) Now on to this sister...Gurl, I know exactly how you feel...Can I just say I suffer from the same plight? Anyhoo, I would say to you that you need not put so much effort into getting her anything particular -- meaning, in the hopes of her liking it as it is evident that there is more to why she behaves the way she does. Like you said, Christmas is not about the gifts so I say use that and get her something with a message. Is she religious in any sort of way? Then get her something - like one of those small wall plagues that has a biblical quote on it inscribed or a small decoration that depicts Jesus in the manger. I say make it about the Guy who makes Christmas so very special and forget about whether or not your gift is going to please her. It's obvious that nothing...no matter how hard you try is going to do that...so please yourself by pleasing God (if you believe in the types of things I'm writing about) and give her something that reminds her of what Christmas is all about:)

Well, I've said enough...Merry Christmas and hope you have a fabulous New Year!

SISTERS AND DRESSES said...

Gracias por tu comentario, hablas español??

Felices navidades!!

B*

Sheila said...

I love this look on you, Lorena! You look gorgeous.

What a rude woman! Seriously, I can't believe she is so incredibly rude about gift-giving. I would give her a card with a note saying you've donated some money in her name to a charity. Maybe that will snap her out of it.

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Me encanta tu look hippie! la blusa genial! saludos!
from Mèxico!

Anonymous said...

gracias por comentar
:)
PSD: me encantan las plumas en el arbol de navidad

Felices fiestas

Lorena said...

Gracias, thank you ! for commenting....
You gave me so much confidence I want to wear this everyday....