Shrunk

Trousers Bandolino, check these out - Pink sweater MNG Mango, similar 
Floral print vintage scarf, no brand 
Emerald green velvet loafers Zara, almost identical - Tote bag, similar 
As I write this, the sweater I am wearing is laying in my living room sofa, half of its size. Without much thought I threw this wool and cashmere blend sweater in the washing machine and then in the dryer. It's a garment I always hand wash. But I was so busy trying t catch up, I must have forgotten. I think it could probably fit a 7 year old. I'll probably google something in the likes of "how to un shrink a sweater". What was the last garment you shrunk ?


6 comments

Mica said...

Oh no! What a shame you shrunk it!

I've done that a couple of times, neglected to read the care tag and thrown something in the normal wash and it did not end well, haha. Didn't know it was possible to unshrink things afterwards, good luck with it! :)

I do like your outfit too, such a nice way to wear your burgundy pants! :)

I hope that your week has been going well so far aside from the shrunken top!

Away From The Blue Blog

Sheila said...

Oh dear! That is not fixable, not once it's been in the dryer. You could try wetting it and gently stretching it out on a towel, but I think it's a goner.

I shrunk a beautiful 80s-era silk dress. I washed it on delicate in cold water and laid it flat to dry, but it shrunk by about 25%. I was very sad. :(

Laura B said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! I've accidentally done that to a cashmere cardigan before. The last time I did that was to an Irish sweater of my daughter's. I was so mad at myself!

kara said...

Oh dear! That is not fixable, not once it's been in the dryer. https://www.suzhoudress.com/t/homecoming-dresses-82.html

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

That's such a bummer. Sometimes soaking it in conditioner and then stretching it can help. It depends on how shortened the fibers are.....
Good luck Lorena!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Ruth said...

Oh no! I have done this before and cried. Wool is an item you definitely cannot put in the dryer. I do love this outfit and I would say look on youtube! There are a few DIY options that can help stretch out the fibers.

http://www.mylittlenest.org