Outdoor Ballroom

Black evening dress Marina by Marina Bresler, midi version by Kate Spade here 

Black evening dress with white and grey sequin flowers Marina by Marina Bresler, similar without flowers here 

If you read my March Closet edits post you know this dress was edited (although still in search of a home !). 
This beauty was purchased in Washington DC in a Filene's Basement that I am pretty sure is closed now. I loved it, it fit and it was probably under 50.00 USD so that was it. 
This black dress made me feel like a queen when I wore it, oh the power of a garment! Now it does not zip. You probably read that several times in previous posts. Nothing seems to fit these days and I am already taking some steps to remedy that - in fact the "it does not fit reason" is usually the last I consider when getting rid of an item.
So I chose to wear this dress just one last time and pretend I was in an outdoor ballroom. 




13 comments

Sheila said...

Making sure I stay fitting in my clothes is one of my major motivators to keep my weight off! I have too many beautiful things that I want to keep wearing!

This is a gorgeous dress, but it's not worth keeping a seldom-worn gown around if it isn't ringing your bell anymore. You do look just lovely here, my dear.

Porcelina said...

Stunning dress! You look amazing in it. A friend of mine had a ball dress that would no longer zip - she got a seamstress to make the back a 'corset' with metal eyes and a ribbon lacing, to remedy that. Looked great. But sometimes it's just time to let a dress continue on its journey without us. x

Shea Lennon said...

What a pretty dress!! I hope it finds a good home and someone else will love it as much as you did!

Courtney Erin said...

I love that you wore it one last time because it is definitely a stunner!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

E said...

Wow that dress is fantastic! I can't believe you found it at Filene's!

District of Chic

Closet Fashionista said...

It's so pretty!!!! Always sad to see pieces like this go!
(and yea, pretty sure Filene's Basement went out of business, we used to have some around here, but not anymore)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Mica said...

That's such a pretty dress, it's nice you could give it a final wear in such a beautiful location :) Hopefully it finds a new home soon.

I got rid of a lot of clothes when I no longer fit into them post-baby the first time around. I regret letting some of them go now, but at the time it felt good getting rid of the things that were making me feel bad, haha! Weight fluctuates so I tend to hang onto things to see if they fit later, if I love them.


Away From The Blue Blog

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

fantastic look my dear :D

NEW FASHION POST | RAFFIA BAGS ARE BACK: THE REINVENTED TREND :D
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Oksana Zolotukhina said...

Love your dress! The pictures are amazing!

backinstyle said...

That is a gorgeous dress, and I love your beautiful "outdoor ballroom" setting! I hope you have sweet memories of wearing the dress, and when you pass it on, it makes wonderful new memories of a special occasion for someone else!

alessandra said...

You look beautiful, I love your dress
www.alessandrastyel.com

Laura B said...

Gorgeous dress! Sometimes I like to wear items one last time before getting rid of them too!

Dressed With Soul said...

I have to admit in the context for my weight for me it is the same as for Sheila :) Your dress is so wonderful and I'm still sure you'll find a new owner for it.
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com