Two bags

Black and white graphic drawstring dress Collective Concepts - Black patent bow flats Kate Spade -
Brown tote bag Madison Coach - Black cropped cardigan H&M 

Pearl necklace with gold tone handcuff clasp closure Forever 21, similar here in silver and here in stainless steel

Over the weekend I got a call from my aunt, happens my cousin had done a huge closet clean out. She asked me to come over soon and see if there was anything from the clothes that I wanted... When I got there I understood the tone of the call. My cousin further explained that she had been reading Marie Kondo and as a result, well there were fifteen large white plastic bags loaded with clothes, many with tags still on. The content included tops, formal gowns, cocktail attire, you name it. The dress I am wearing today was part of that huge closet clean out. Honestly speaking it looked better in the mirror. I had to tug on the neckline area as its too open and it was not comfortable to wear, so I am passing it on. Oh, and in regards to the post's tittle "two bags" its how many I walked away with...

Drawstring dresses:


17 comments

Sheila said...

What a good way to "shop" without shopping! I love a closet clean-out for that! I like the dress, but if it's bugging you, it's got to go.

Vanessa said...

Lorena,
This dress is so cute with that cardigan! It's too bad it is uncomfortable, but I am excited to see what you show off next! You look great!

xoxo,
Vanessa
http://www.whatwouldvwear.com/

Brooke said...

The dress is so cute, but if its not comfortable I wouldn't keep it either! I so wish I had someone who could give me hand me downs, I'm the smallest of everyone I know!

Brooke
Pumps and Push-Ups

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I feel like everyone I know is reading Marie Kondo right now. I am usually the one who does the closet clean out and sends the two bags to my nieces (because we're close in size) and my mom (we wear the same shoe size).

A Very Sweet Blog said...

HaHa Lorena! I can't wait to see the treasures you took away. This dress looks great on you, but if it doesn't fit properly you did the right thing of letting it go.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

backinstyle said...

Oh, lucky Lorena, it sounds like you hit the jack pot! It's so much fun to receive donations and see if you can incorporate them into your look. I love the black and white dress on you, but comfort is key!

Black Dress Inspiration said...

Pues que bien que te den prendas que estén bonitas. Me ha encantado el look
Bss

http://www.blackdressinspiration.com

Ruth said...

What a unique dress! Totally understand about comfort though too. Comfort comes first!

http://www.mylittlenest.org

PhotosbyCris Travel Fashion Lifestyle said...

Lovely outfit and the bag is great too.

www.photosbycris.blogspot.com.au

Unknown said...

Your style is super chic, I love this outfit that you put on !

Camila,
My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

Beauty Editer said...

Love it! Great post hun!

BEAUTYEDITER.COM

The Glossychic said...

cute outfit

www.theglossychic.com

Gemma said...

Looks like one person loss is another gain here :) I really like the dress on you.

Gemma x
www.jacquardflower.uk

Mica said...

Shame that you aren't hanging onto the dress, but it's great you gave it a go! Well done to your cousin for that big clean out. I've read the Marie Kondo book but I just can't start with clothes, they are the thing I find hardest, so I'm too scared to try the techniques elsewhere if I fail the very first step of the book, ha!


Looking forward to seeing what else you got - how lucky you are!

Away From The Blue Blog

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I love hand me downs!! I can't wait to see what else you got!!
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, sounds really like she did a huge closet clean out! The dress is beautiful and suits you very well, dear Lorena!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

highlatitudestyle said...

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Cool necklace. So interesting.