Listography Wednesday

This year I committed to 
"Listography"
meaning that every Wednesday I will 
tell you things in a form of lists,
according to the assigned topic.

More about this here.

This week, I have to

List my favorite artists.


At Tate Modern, London 2008

The word artist embraces so m a n y possibilities !


Many of which I do not even consider art.
So, I will stick to my very basics.


I was brought up in a home where most art
forms were not given interest to.


However for some reason, maybe my school teachers,
I became curious.
I do not remember the first time I went to a museum.
But whenever I travel, I always look for them and
make my best effort to go.
I think art as food for the senses.
The Louvre, Paris
I am getting a little off the subject, so here my
favorite artists...
the ones that are on the top of my mind right now:


I hope to one day own a painting by
Mr. Blas Petit.
This one is called "Secretos de Luna" or
"Secrets of the Moon".
What I like about some of his paintings
is that he portraits women with only one eye.
The other is usually covered by hair.
For me it has some hidden meaning that
relates to the soul.






Georgia O'Keefe's 
Manhattan, 1932.
It's displayed in the one of
Smithsonian's museums in Washington, D.C.
I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.
I specially like the wording by the painting:
"One cannot paint New York as it is, but rather as it is felt" GOK



Image via 


Van Gogh's Chair
The humble, lonely and empty chair just says a lot to me.
I could not find a link to it... :(


Las Meninas by Velásquez
For some reason I just love this 
painting. Don't ask me why.




image via


Then there is La Maja Desnuda by Goya, 
which I like because it's as real as it gets.
Image via  


I also like  many  of Botero's paintings 
(with the exception of those where the is torture) and sculptures.
I have no favorite,
I basically enjoy the roundness in them.


Jeff Koonz... basically his ballon
sculptures...
Outside Versailles Palace, France 2008




Music wise... I am very diverse.


I am not all about one performer, I enjoy some
songs from:
Aerosmith, Dave Matthews, Creed, Snow Patrol and many more.
Rock bands in Spanish as Hombre G (my fave), El canto del loco,
 Enanitos Verdes, Soda Stereo... are highly appreciated.
I can listen to reggae on a gloomy morning to cheer me up
to songs from Guatemalan singer Ricardo Arjona that can easily 
bring me to tears.


So... there you have it.

3 comments

torrie said...

What a great selection. I love how you described art as being food for the senses. This is absolutely true. I've never heard it put that way, but it's perfect!

I would love to travel through Europe and visit museums. Someday...

Anonymous said...

this listography really is a nice idea!

i like that apple sculpture n secrets of the moon painting.
such nice post to read in the morning, thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I struggled with this topic a bit too. Firstly I couldn't figure out what exactly the artist means. The person who creates visual art, or just any entertainer? I ended up not telling about any painters or designers. blah. I was brought up in the family where art was considered a waste of time.