Some people try too hard to BE, when it's obvious it's just tacky

I would like to know what you think about this quote:
"Some People try too hard to BE, when it's obvious its just tacky"
I am referring to people you have known for quite sometime or
that you know somebody who has known them for ages: 
so you know who they are and where they come from.
Then, either due to hard work or plain luck they have gotten to 
a place that they can afford more than they did before.
And there is nothing wrong with that.
Vintage dress · Payless Flats American Eagle · striped belt · 
But.
They begin to change in a way that is totally unbelievable,
suddenly they are above everyone else.
They act differently, untag the Facebook pictures of 
their previous selves, they flaunt, show off all
their new possessions.
It's like they want to pretend their previous life did 
not exist.
I am not in any way condoning that you have the
right to evolve in a positive way but, never
should you ignore where you come from.


· Liz Claiborne tote ·Purple payless flats ·
These people should try and be an example to others.
But they chose not to, they don't want to hear
or be connected about how they were before.
It's a shame.
I also think it is tacky, totally bad taste.
·George blazer (gift from mom) · Belt no brand price aprox. 2.00 USD ·
There is nothing more beautiful, to me, than someone
who has more than they need and are not show offs and
most important: humble.


So what do you think ?

13 comments

Shybiker said...

That's a great dress. I love the colors.

I was just bemoaning the fact that I have so few dresses. Other bloggers are doing a "Dressember" where they wear a different dress every day this month. I couldn't make it to the second week!

Maybe I'll treat myself to some for Christmas. I'll use yours as models for what to buy. :)

Anonymous said...

In my opinion these people are just liars and can't be trusted. You never know when they are going to change their mind again and delete "new" past.

Kathya Stryzak said...

Hola Lore..el Blaze y el anillo son lindosssss!! q look el de hoy!
besos

3ate4 said...

lovely ring!

3ate4 said...

lovely ring!

drollgirl said...

humble and honest. keep it real, folks! there is no shame in working hard and achieving things and being proud. and their is no shame in admitting the truth about where you came from and how hard it was to get there. AND there is no shame in being poor and trying and not getting ahead. everybody can't be at the top -- i think we just all have to do the best we can.

sorry if this reads all preachy!

Biba said...

I agree with you, coming into money should not change one's attitude towards friends & family. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Biba said...

I agree with you, coming into money should not change one's attitude towards friends & family. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Frances Joy said...

You said that so well. I feel like that happens a lot here in the States - people come from their countries, make a little money, and suddenly they can't even speak Spanish anymore. (Whaaaa?!)

Lame. And tacky.

Your outfit, however, is the opposite of tacky. I love the subtle pattern mixing with the belt.

20 YORK STREET said...

Ah, the case of I am so much better than you are now...do I even know you? Laughable ain't it?

Humility is absolutely a trait that is admirable yet most people lose it the moment they succeed.

p.s. love your outfit today though!

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

i don't think that i know anyone that has changed in that way.. but i could be wrong!

Cute outfit dear x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

B a la Moda said...

I had someone that change in that way but it was only for a while. Later, she came back to normal. Nice dress.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

la la said...

dont like the outfit, its very frumpy, the jacket does nothing (well nothing right) black flats just dont work either. sorry.. xx