Elena's dress

Vintage purple geometric print dress, similar 

Yellow mustard peep toe block heel shoes Zara, similar 

Off white quilted vintage hand bag Dooney & Bourke, similar

Brown sunglasses Nine West

Vintage belt Just Cavalli - Gold tone circle rope earrings, similar

 

Elena was my neighbor while growing up for as long as I can remember. She was there was I was born and when we moved. She was a gorgeous woman of Greek origin. This vintage geometric print purple dress was Elena's and very likely made by Elena's sister who was a master seamstress.

Today I am wearing it for the first time, trying to honor its previous owner. I am not too sold on it as my frame is not as hers and the shoulders seem to be a bit big. I will certainly give this dress another spin.

3 comments

Sheila said...

It probably had shoulder pads that have since been taken out. I think the colour is fabulous on you, and the belt looks perfect with it. I personally like it, but if you're not feeling it...

Mica said...

That is a beautiful dress! I love the magenta pink and it looks great belted on you! I hope you do enjoy it more next time you wear it :)

Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

Away From Blue

gothic clothing for men said...

You are looking gorgeous in this outfits