A month and a few days have passed since I started my shopping ban. While it may not seem much for you, in my case, it is. The best thing is I have not had a real urge for buying anything.
Above are some of the things I fell in love with during the last few weeks, keep on reading to learn why I instragrammed them.
Here is how I have kept strong for 42 days and counting:
1. Unsubscribed from over 30 newsletters.
2. Taken to the tailor several garments to have adjusted.
3. Made small attempts to declutter. Started with cosmetics, earrings and shoes and have a world to go.
4. Begun telling everyone that I am on a shopping ban, so they can help me stay focused. You need support, or I do.
5. Left my credit card in a drawer at work.
6. Photograph the items I'd like to buy and instagram them. It makes me "feel" I have them.
7. Share either via Whatsapp or Instagram those items I really like with friends whom I think would like them. I know I am bad influence, my theory is that if they buy them I can borrow from them.
8. Make plans: stay busy and create opportunities to wear all those clothes hanging there. There you have less time to go to the mall or browse on line.
9. Use the cash you're saving towards important things. This may come as a surprise, because you'd think I was saving this cash. But I used part of the money I did not spend on clothes to pay for this year's fire insurance policy. Instead of letting it sit in my bank account I used it, if I left it there I would have felt tempted. I am also making additional payments on my credit card.