Because of Lydia

I have something to confess.
If I see something on a blogger that I really like.
I will hunt it down like a maniac, until I find it.
A couple of weeks ago, while checking my closet I realized that 
this has become a common practice.
I decided to jot down those purchases that were 
very unlikely would have occurred had I not seen them 
first on another fellow blogger and post about them.

Here's the first one: 
The Starfish Cuff.


Over a year ago I saw the starfish cuff first on Lydia from Chic on the Cheap.
It was love at first sight.
I began to hunt it down on Ebay, Amazon, you name it - 
but I was not happy with the price, so I kept on looking.
Then on a trip to NYC last year near the Fashion District I found it
for the reasonable price of 15.00 USD and here's how I've worn it:





So, are you inspired to shop a particular item when you see it on a blogger ?
I'd love to hear about it.



7 comments

Witchcrafted Life said...

That's an awesome confession - afterall, isn't such a large part of fashion blogging to hopefully inspire others and in turn be inspired by the wonderful sites we follow.

I've occasionally tried to track down something I saw someone sporting online, too. However, wearing mostly vintage (as do most of the bloggers I follow), this isn't always an easy task! :)

♥ Jessica

A Very Sweet Blog said...

HaHa Lorena! It looks awesome on you! Lydia is excellent inspiration. I love her style. Most definitely! I'm always buying stuff I see on another bloggers page. Sometimes we share the same style. One blogger and I had the same sequin and striped shirt.

Emilia said...

Vas muy linda Lore, te ves super guapa.
Te mando Saludos

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I do this constantly!! I also watch a lot of vlogs and love to see what people have in their hauls so I can discover things I wouldn't have seen it on my own.

P.S. I do love the star fish cuff!!

Mica said...

Ah that starfish cuff is lovely! I really like it too, I can see why you tracked one down :)

I usually spot things in the stores that reminds me of something a blogger has, and I may buy it if it suits me. But rarely do I track something down. Unless it's off the blog of a lovely Aussie called Cecylia, I always fall in love with her accessories. I've bought things just after seeing them on her blog before! :) It's www.cecylia.com.

Lisa said...

I saw that cuff on Lydia too and loved it. I'm glad you found it!

LyddieGal said...

Of course! I saw the starfish cuff on someone else first!!