Responsible consumer

Black side ruffle dress Red Valentino, similar - Black and white Doctor's bag Baurisar - Black patent bow flats Kate Spade

I like to think I am a responsible consumer. It's been a process on learning and then incorporating the best practices into my life style. In my case I do small things like:

1. Not accepting plastic bags in stores.
 However where I live they look at you like a mad person if you do not want to take the bag. Also most stores have a policy that you need to take the plastic bag stapled with the receipt on it. Period. This is the third world my friends.

2. Taking my own bags to the grocery store.
I do this about 90% of the time, the 10% is because I forget the bags.

3.  Disposing  ethically of  consumed products and clothes.
Here if you want to recycle its extra work as there is no recollection system in place for recycled material. You have to clean, bag and take the plastic, glass, paper and such to recycling centers.

4. Buying second hand when possible.
Little by little thrifting has become a habit. 

5. Reusing. 
When your imagination for reuse has burnt out, try Pinterest.

6. Spreading the word, make others aware. 
I do this when talking to friends, family and also via my IG account.

7. Re thinking purchases, it's very likely you have what you need or you can borrow it ;)

Are you a responsible consumer ?


Linking to Thursday Moda + Shelbee's

6 comments

Beauty Unearthly said...

You look so classy.

Mica said...

Love the ruffle on this dress! :) Couldn't see it when it was under the blazer before.

I think I'm doing well but I'm aware there is always more I could do. Recycling is definitely easier for us, and I need to get better at remembering to bring the bags out of the car when we go grocery shopping!



Away From The Blue Blog

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

I try to be Responsible consumer. I bought a few big shopping bags and do not take a plastic one in the shops. I sort garbage, dont but too many clothes (it is more challenge since I have the blog), but even I try to buy no to many food products, I do not like to waste food. (...) Superb dress, very stylish, fits great. Minimalistic but great.

Sheila said...

Most stores here will charge you for a bag - the thrift stores have a collection of donated fabric bags that you can buy - but I always shop with my own fabric bag. We have full recycling here, including compost! I'm very responsible!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Lorena, that dress looks fabulous on you. It's so important to reduce, reuse and recycle. I need to practice it more in my daily life as well.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Natalie S said...

Right now my goal is to use less plastic. Like you said it is very hard to do here but I'm trying.