Kate Spade gone bad

Sometimes we find images that inspire us
and then these are poorly executed, 
thus giving us bad results.
This is one of them.

via Kate Spade

I saw the above image recently while checking out
some Kate Spade goodies on line.
I then immediately thought of a dress I
don't wear much and decided to replicate the look.

Black jumper dress no brand - White sleeveless ruffle top - Snake print wedges Jessica Simpson
The results were not good.
I felt costumey all day, like I had run off the set of the remake of 
The Sound of Music (probably my favourite musical).
I am thinking that if I remove the buttons from the
front part of the dress maybe it will lessen that costume 
like feel.

Do you think it will make a difference ?



5 comments

Clo by Clau! said...

Que casualidad, justo hace rato estaba viendo opciones de outfits en mi guardarropa y arme algo muy similar, aunque aún no decido si lo voy a usar o no...

De tu propuesta tal vez con una blusa mas sencilla ( sin volantes)

mayrahurtado said...

te quedo perfecto! me encanto el estilo ;)

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I think your outfit looks lovely - better than the Kate Spade pic.

Witchcrafted Life said...

I think it's really, really pretty as is, but if you wanted to change things, I'd be inclined to try a different shirt (leave the buttons as is). Perhaps one with more of a oxford shirt collar, turtle neck or even a boat collar.

♥ Jessica

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I think much prefer yours to Kate Spade. Just saying.