Vintage Love

I have said it before.
I love all things, well almost all things vintage.
I enjoy seeing flaws and uniqueness in pieces.
I admire how things were made to last.
-
I also see naive and inventiveness in vintage.
-
Spent last weekend at a friend's beach house.
It was built in the late 70's and since it's
a beach house it has remained pretty much 
the same since then.
-
I was happy to be surrounded by these 
not so old goodies.
-
Viceroy cup - do these even exist?

Gigantic rattan chair that only seats one, 
perfect for when space was not an issue in a home...

How about a green Magic Chef stove ?

With a clock and a timer ??!!
Can you believe that ?


Do you like vintage ?
Or do you just see it as second hand or
as my mom refers to it...  just  "trash" ?


5 comments

Kathya Stryzak said...

la cocina bien vitage! besos

Sheila said...

I love vintage stuff! That old stove is awesome.

LyddieGal said...

You know I love vintage! I'm especially fond of the green stove -- I long for a kitchen filled with candy colored appliances - stainless steel just feels so sterile and unhomey.

Chic on the Cheap

Shybiker said...

I love vintage and, as I get older, I like it even more.

I'm on the lookout for an old-fashioned phone, one with a rotary-dial. It doesn't have to work: I just want to put it on a table so I can admire it.

Anonymous said...

Love that chair!
I like everything vintage as long as it's neat or can be made neat easily.